The subscribed databases are only available within the network of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts. The lecturers of the university can connect remotely (for example from home) to the databases by using the VPN application. Our students can gain remote access to the JSTOR and ARTSTOR databases – see the instructions below.
If you need any help please feel free to contact the librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- You can log in to the database at https://www.oxfordartonline.com/
- It contains the Grove Dictionary of Art, the Benezit Dictionary of Artists and the Oxford art reference works (for example the Encyclopaedia of Aesthetics). It is possible to search within the different volumes separately.
- You can search according to field, medium, era, region, place type and occupation (artist, architect, designer, collector, dealer, publisher etc.)
- With the advanced search option it is possible to search specifically for pictures or according to the date of publication.
- The search results can be saved, printed, sent by email, and you can save the references in different styles (APA, MLA, Chicago etc.) with one click.
- Special guides (subject guides, collection guides) help the users in their researches.
- For requesting a personal user name and password please contact us at email@example.com
- You can save pictures or details of pictures only after a quick registration at https://library.artstor.org/#/ The registration is valid for five months, but it can be extended.
- This database contains more than 2.5 million high-resolution images from about 300 private and public collections.
- It is a disadvantage that the pictures can only be saved as low-resolution „jpg” files, but their quality is high enough to use them as illustrations in presentations or theses.
- It is an advantage that you can save details from high-resolution images.
- The advanced search option makes it possible to conduct searches according to classification, collection type, date and geography.
The JSTOR databases are available at http://www.jstor.org/
For requesting a personal username and password please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not publish your username and password on social network sites, and do not share them with people outside of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts’ student body!
- The database contains approximately 12 million full-text studies (articles and book chapters).
- Ideal for interdisciplinary researches, as it embraces more than 70 disciplines
- It is only possible to search with keywords, but the search results can be narrowed with filters (item type, language, publication date, journal or book title, ISBN, discipline)
- You can save the search results in PDF format, all information that the reference should include can be found on the first page of the saved document.
Art databases available free of charge:
Digitally available art journals:
Please do not forget to log out after you finish your work!