The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students; currently almost 50 sending partners are engaged in the programme.
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend:
- non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies,
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, it is monthly HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 455) for the first 2 years, then 180 000 HUF (cca EUR 585) for the second 2 years at present - for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies - but the legislation is to be changed, consequently the amount is expected to be raised.
The Stipendium Hungaricum program at our institution is only available at Doctoral level!
- dormitory place or a monthly contribution of HUF 30 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- Medical insurance:
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance.
Eligible Sending Partners
The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education. Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the sending partner.
For full time programmes, students can apply from the following sending partners: Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, China (including the Hudec scholarships), Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines, Russia, Serbia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vietnam, Yemen
For more information on the programe and application please visit the following website: http://www.tka.hu/international-programmes/2966/stipendium-hungaricum/.
HUFA participates in the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme with its Doctoral School.
The Doctoral School of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts offers a 2+2 year DLA programme during which every 6 months students have to present a summary about their artistic and research project.
As our institute is accredited in the field of Fine Arts, the research plan should be planned with the focus on Fine Arts. Please consider that the final doctoral project will have to be a visual artwork and a dissertation with the focus on this field.
Once students complete the first 3 years, they have the opportunity to apply for the final doctoral dissertation and art project in order to receive their DLA degree. This final phase of studies has to be completed within 2 years.
Applicants must choose a tutor/ supervisor for their doctoral research with whom they can define their research plan. Each January tutors announce their current research topics that have previously been accepted by the Doctoral Senate. Concurrently the Doctoral School communicates the details and schedule of the application procedure. Normally the application deadline is in mid-April. Interviews are held in May or June and the final decision is made by the Doctoral Senate in July. The application consists of presenting a portfolio of the applicant’s artistic activity and proficiency and an elaborated research plan that are both equally taken into account at the final decision.
Along with your portfolio and detailed research plan an official proof of your language skills should be also submitted in the application procedure.
For further information about our Doctoral Programme, please visit the following website: http://www.mke.hu/en/english/doctoral_prog.php
For the announced research topics please contact Luca Lafferton (Stipendium Hungaricum coordinator) via email@example.com.